Did the first part of a two part on using AI for Genealogy Research

It was sort of surreal giving this presentation. I have only been using AI, in particular chatGPT, for just under three months now. The presents was well received by the club, so I feel that the preparation work paid off handsomely.

I have been focusing on reading several books on prompt engineering along with trying some things out beforehand. What I was struggling with was how to present the material in a form that was more tutorial like. So I used chatGPT to structure my notes into something that I could use for my 70 something year olds. Apparently I was successful.  Ow I have an opportunity to stand down for a month while another member gives a presentation on his family. That gives me two months to come up with the new material. I will be talking on (1) using AI to overcome brick walls; (2) using AI to augment DNA analysis; and (3) using AI to help write family stories and generate proofs. It’s going to be interesting.

Popular Posts